Creamy Blue Goose Smoked Chicken Sausage & Gnocchi Potpie Soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 4 Garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups Blue Goose Pure Foods Chicken Stock + 1/2 cup for slurry
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fat free milk
- 4 Blue Goose Pure Foods Spanish Sausage, sliced
- 1 (16 oz or 17.6 oz) package potato gnocchi, see shopping tip
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, lightly packed
- 1. Place sausage in a medium -high fry pan and sauté for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- 2. Place onions, carrots, celery, garlic, red peppers, poultry seasoning, s & p, stock, water, Sausage and 5 cups milk in a large pot and bring to a boil. Lower and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- 3. Mix flour with remaining 1/2 cup of stock until smooth.
- 4. Bring liquid back to a boil; add Gnocchi and cook until they all rise to the top.
- 5. Add flour mixture to soup, whisking until it thickens.
- 3. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute until it wilts.
- Makes 6 servings